Municipal beach, Keszthely
The first bathhouse built on the water was completed in 1864. The first circular island bath was erected in the 1880s. In 1893, it was extended to a two-island bath ornamented with a decorative entrance. The Balaton Fürdő Rt. owned the Island Bath from 1869, but the town of Keszthely took over the maintenance of the bath and the park in 1890. The Festetics Family also contributed to the maintenance of the area. The bath building was demolished instead of being renovated in the 1960s, and it was replaced by an island bath building made of metal and concrete. In the second half of the 2000s, the 19th century Island bath was restored in several phases. Although the exterior of the building is authentic, the interior fully meets the needs of the modern era. In 2017, the two towers were completely rebuilt and the building received new decorative lighting.