Main Square, Keszthely
The foundation walls of the chapel dedicated to St. Lawrence can be seen in the Castle Garden. According to the excavations, there was a rotunda (circular church) here. It was erected in the 11th-12th century, and then expanded with a rectangular ship in the 13th century. Using its walls, around 1385, palatine István Lackfi began to build the church and the adjoining monastery for the Franciscans he had settled here.